As of June 2019, grain farming employed over 9,000 Kansans for a total contribution of $4.2 billion to the economy of Kansas.
By the numbers, annual production is:
- 1st in the US in: Wheat (333 million bushels) and Sorghum (200 million bushels)
- 2nd in the US in: Total acres of Cropland (28.5 million acres)
- 3rd in the US in: Cattle and Calves (6.3 million head), Red Meat (5.7 billion lbs), and Hay (6 million tons)
- 4th in the US in: Sunflowers (89 million lbs)
- 6th in the US in: Irrigated cropland (2.9 million acres) and Canola (62 million lbs)
- 7th in the US in: Corn (686 million bushels)
- 10th in the US in: Soybeans (190 million bushels) and Hogs (2.1 million head)
The Crops Production Support pages are designed to help you find answers to your crops-related questions. You will find a number of publications listed for each of the major crops.
Crop Production Extension Faculty
Email Dr. Haag
Email Dr. Ciampitti
Email Dr. Lollato