Welcome to Crop Production Support
As of June 2019, grain farming employed over 9,000 Kansans for a total contribution of $4.2 billion to the economy of Kansas.
By the numbers, annual production is:
- 1st in the US in: Wheat (333 million bushels) and Sorghum (200 million bushels)
- 2nd in the US in: Total acres of Cropland (28.5 million acres)
- 3rd in the US in: Cattle and Calves (6.3 million head), Red Meat (5.7 billion lbs), and Hay (6 million tons)
- 4th in the US in: Sunflowers (89 million lbs)
- 6th in the US in: Irrigated cropland (2.9 million acres) and Canola (62 million lbs)
- 7th in the US in: Corn (686 million bushels)
- 10th in the US in: Soybeans (190 million bushels) and Hogs (2.1 million head)
The Crops Production Support pages are designed to help you find answers to your crops-related questions. You will find a number of publications listed for each of the major crops. Also, you will find frequently asked questions (FAQs) for the various crops, as well as links to other websites that may be of interest to you.
Thank you for dropping in. If you can’t find a particular item or if you have a question, please contact us.