Dr. Dorivar Ruiz Diaz
- Ph.D. Soil Fertility, Iowa State University, 2007
- M.S. Soil Fertility, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- B.S. Agronomy, PanAmerican School of Agriculture, Zamorano, 2000
- Ferreira, A.O., T.J.C. Amado, C.W. Rice, D.A Ruiz Diaz, C. Briedis, T.M. Inagaki. 2018. Driving factors of soil carbon accumulation in Oxisols in long-term no-till systems of South Brazil. Science of the Total Environment. 622:735-742.
- Hansel, F.D., T.J.C. Amado, D.A. Ruiz Diaz, L.H.M. Rosso, F.T. Nicoloso, M. R. W. Schorr. 2017. Phosphorus fertilizer placement and tillage affect soybean root growth and drought tolerance. Agron. J. 109:2936-2944
- Preza Fontes, G., P. Tomlinson, K. Roozeboom, and D.A. Ruiz Diaz. 2017. Grain Sorghum Response to Nitrogen Fertilizer Following Cover Crops Planted after Winter Wheat. 2017. Agron. J. 109:2723-2737
- Eagle, A.J., L.E. Christianson, R.L. Cook, R.D. Harmel, F.E. Miguez, S.S. Qian, and D.A. Ruiz Diaz. 2017. Meta-analysis Constrained by Data: Recommendations to Improve Relevance of Nutrient Management Research. Agron. J. 109:2441-2449
- Hansel, F.D., D.A. Ruiz Diaz, T.C. Amado, L.M. Rosso. 2017. Deep banding increases phosphorus removal by soybean grown under no-tillage production systems. Agron. J. 109:1091-1098
- Ferreira, A.O., T. Amado, C.W. Rice, D.A. Ruiz Diaz, C. Keller, T.M. Inagakia, 2016. Can no-till grain production restore soil organic carbon to levels natural grass in a subtropical Oxisol? Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment. 229:13-20.
- Adee E, F. Hansel, D.A. Ruiz Diaz and K. Janssen. 2016. Corn response as affected by planting distance from the center of strip-till fertilized rows. Front. Plant Sci. 7:1232-1235.
- Adee, E., D.A. Ruiz Diaz and C. Little. 2016 Effect of soil test and phosphorus fertilization on soybean sudden death syndrome severity. Crop, Forage and Turfgrass Manag. doi: 10.2134/cftm2015.0193
- Woli, K.P., D.A. Ruiz Diaz, D.E. Kaiser, A.P. Mallarino, and J.E. Sawyer. 2015. Field-scale evaluation of poultry manure as a combined nutrient resource for corn production. Agron. J. 107:1789–1800
- Sweeney, D.W. and D.A. Ruiz Diaz. 2014. Assessing the residual from fertilizer nitrogen applied to failed corn on the following wheat crop. Crop Management 13:1-2. doi:10.2134/CM-2014-0005-BR.
- Mueller, N.D., D.A. Ruiz Diaz, J.A. Dille, D.E. Shoup, D.B. Mengel, and L.W. Murray. 2013. Winter Annual Weed Management and Nitrogen Rate Effects on Corn Yield. Agron. J. 105:1077–1086
- Liesch, A.M., D.A. Ruiz Diaz, D.B. Mengel, and K.L. Roozeboom. 2012. Interpreting relationships between soil variables and soybean iron deficiency using factor analysis. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 76:1311-1318.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., D.B. Mengel, R.E. Lamond, S.R. Duncan, D.A. Whitney, and T.M. Maxwell. 2012. Meta-analysis of winter wheat response to chloride fertilization in Kansas. Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 43: 2437-2447.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.E. Sawyer and D.W. Barker. 2012. Residual Poultry Manure Nitrogen Supply to Corn the Second and Third Years after Application. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 76:2289-2296
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.E. Sawyer, and A.P. Mallarino. 2011. On-farm Evaluation of Poultry Manure as a Nitrogen Source for Corn. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J.75:729-737.
- Holmes, J.D., J.E. Sawyer, P. Kassel, and D.A. Ruiz Diaz. 2011. Using ground eggshells as a liming material in corn and soybean production. Crop Management. doi:10.1094/CM-2011-1129-01-RS.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.E. Sawyer, and A.P. Mallarino. 2011. On-farm evaluation of poultry manure as a nitrogen source for corn. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J.75:729-737.
- Liesch, A.M., D.A. Ruiz Diaz, K.L. Martin, B.L. Olson, D.B. Mengel, and K.L. Roozeboom. 2011. Management Strategies for Increasing Soybean Yield on Soils Susceptible to Iron Deficiency. Agron. J. 103:1870-1877.
- Sawyer J.E., P. Pedersen, D.W. Barker, D.A. Ruiz Diaz, and K.A. Albrecht. 2010. Intercropping Corn and Kura Clover: Response to Nitrogen Fertilization. Agron. J. 102: 568-574
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., R.G. Darmody, J.C.Marlin, G.A. Bollero, and F. W. Simmons. 2010. Trace metal bioaccumulation and plant growth on dredged river sediments and biosolids mixtures. Water, Air, & Soil Pollution. 206:321-333.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.E. Sawyer, D.W. Barker, and A.P. Mallarino. 2010. Runoff Nitrogen Loss with Simulated Rainfall Immediately Following Poultry Manure Application for Corn Production. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 74:221-230
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., P. Pedersen, and J.E. Sawyer. 2009. Soybean Response to Inoculation and Nitrogen Application Following Long-Term Grass Pasture. Crop Sci. 49: 1058-1062.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A. and J.E. Sawyer. 2008. Plant-Available Nitrogen from Poultry Manure as Affected by Time of Application. Agron. J. 100:1318-1326.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.A. Hawkins, J.E. Sawyer, and J.P. Lundvall. 2008. Evaluation of In-Season Nitrogen Management Strategies for Corn Production. Agron. J. 100: 1711–1719.
- Ruiz Diaz, D.A., J.E. Sawyer, and A.P. Mallarino. 2008. Poultry Manure Supply of Potentially Available Nitrogen with Soil Incubation. Agron. J. 100:1310-1317.
My research program in soil fertility and nutrient management emphasizes applied field experiments to develop efficient, cost effective, and environmentally sound nutrient management practices for agronomic crop production in Kansas. Areas of interest include the efficient use of fertilizers, soil test interpretations and fertilizer recommendations, and land application of manure and biosolids with emphasis on crop-available nitrogen. My program also assesses environmental risks associated with nutrient management and tillage.