Willie and the Beanstalk is a soybean competition for Kansas K-12 students to encourage interest in the field and increase their knowledge of soybean development. Students who enter the competition will work to see who can grow the largest soybean plant. The contest can prove to be a valuable teaching tool as it allows students to plant their own soybean, then watch it grow and document the progress the plant has made.
The 2022 Willie and the Beanstalk competition will be held as part of the 2022 Spring University Open house.
Be part of the contest to grow the biggest soybean plant in 40 days!
- Registration ended February 28th. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about registration or for information on late registration.
- First day to plant seeds is Monday, February 28, 2022.
- Judging will take place on Saturday, April 9th as part of the K-State University Open House
- Read full contest rules (pdf)
- Get the documentation forms for your submission:
For more information, email email@example.com
Willie & the Beanstalk Contest
Thanks to our sponsor!