Willie and the Beanstalk is a soybean competition for Kansas K-12 students to encourage interest in the field and increase their knowledge of soybean development. Students who enter the competition will work to see who can grow the largest soybean plant. The contest can prove to be a valuable teaching tool as it allows students to plant their own soybean, then watch it grow and document the progress the plant has made.
The 2023 Willie and the Beanstalk competition will be held as part of the 2023 Spring University Open house.
Be part of the contest to grow the biggest soybean plant in 40 days!
- Registration for the 2023 contest is now closed.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about registration.
- All advisers will receive an e-mail requesting that they confirm the team and student information from their registration (sent between February 27 and March 1, 2023). Please send an e-mail to email@example.com if you have not been contacted.
- Rules for the 2023 contest
- First day to plant/soak seed - Monday, February 20, 2023
- Documentation submission deadline - Friday, March 24, 2023
- Judging on Saturday, April 1, 2023
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Willie & the Beanstalk Contest
Follow us on social media
Facebook: Willie and the Beanstalk
Thanks to our sponsor!