2015 Lecturer | Dr. Ravi Naidu
About the Lecturer
Dr. Ravi Naidu is an internationally recognised leader in soil science and the remediation of contamination. He is a pioneer and practitioner of the new approach to risk assessment and remediation adopted worldwide, and the driving force behind the creation of the Global Contamination and Remediation Enterprise (globalCARE) – an international scientific initiative to understand, measure and tackle contamination on a global scale. He has established two leading, multidisciplinary research centres with very strong links to industry. And led the development of new products and tools for the prevention, assessment and remediation of contaminated sites.
His expertise spans in situ remediation of soil and water contaminated with a wide range of hazardous pollutants. He has also provided independent expert reviews of contaminated site reports for EPA and major industrial organisations in Australia.
Dr. Naidu’s research focuses on contaminated soil and water, and potential impacts of contaminants on human health. His vision is to expand his current research throughout Asia via collaboration and the development of a Centre of Excellence on environmental risk assessment and remediation in China, which will develop and market environmental technology worldwide. Through his globalCARE initiative, he aims to lead the development of new ways to curb escalating impact of chemical contamination on human health and the environment.
Dr. Naidu is a fellow of the:
- Agronomy Society of America
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- New Zealand Society of Soil Science
- Soil Science Society of America
He is Joint Editor-in-Chief: Enviornmental Technology Innovations, Editor, Journal of Soils and Sediments and Editor, Environmental Geochemistry and Health.
Dr. Naidu has co-authored 460 refereed journal articles and 7 patents, and co-edited 11 books and 66 book chapters in the field of soil and environmental sciences.
Notable recent awards include:
- Honorary DSc (Honoris Causa) by Tamil Nadu University for “outstanding contributions to environmental science and agriculture
- Richard Pratt – Banksia CEO Award, Banksia Sustainability Awards
- Soil Science Society of America International Soil Science Award
- Ph.D., Soil Chemistry, Massey University, New Zealand
- M.S., Aberdeen, UK – University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- BSc, Maths-Chemistry, University of the South Pacific, Fiji