Dr. Raju Bheemanahalli Rangappa
Fellow (Post Doc)
Kansas State University
3406A Throckmorton PSC
1712 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506
- Ph.D. Crop Physiology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2013
- M.S. Crop Physiology, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2009
- B.S. Sericulture, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore, India, 2007
- Raju BR, Sathishraj R, Manoharan M, Sumanth HN, Muthurajan R, Ishimaru T, Jagadish SVK (2016) Early Morning Flowering - an effective trait to minimize heat stress damage in rice? Field Crops Research (Accepted).
- Prasad PV, Raju BR, Jagadish SK (2017). Field crops and the fear of heat stress-Opportunities, challenges and future directions. Field Crops Research, 200, 114-121. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2016.09.024
- Raju BR, Mohankumar MV, Sumanth KK, Rajanna MP, Udayakumar M, Sheshshayee MS (2016) Discovery of QTLs for water mining and water use efficiency traits in rice under water limited condition through association mapping. Molecular Breeding 36:35. (DOI 10.1007/s11032-016-0457-z)
- Raju BR, Sathish R, Jesse T, Lanier N, Raveendran M, Jagadish SVK (2016) Temperature thresholds for spikelet sterility and associated warming impacts for sub-tropical rice. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 221, 122–130.
- Sathishraj R*, Raju BR*, Mahendran R, Dingkuhn M, Muthurajan R, Jagadish SVK (2015) Capturing heat stress induced variability in spikelet sterility using panicle, leaf and air temperature under field conditions. Field Crops Research (doi:10.1016/j.fcr.2015.10.012). (*equal contribution)
- Shi W, Lawas LMF, Raju BR, Jagadish SVK (2015) Acquired thermo- tolerance and trans-generational heat stress response at flowering in rice. Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science (doi:10.1111/jac.12157).
- Raju BR, Narayanaswamy BR, Mohankumar MV, Sumanth K, Rajanna MP, Mohanraju B, Udayakumar M, Sheshshayee MS (2014) Root traits and cellular level tolerance hold the key in maintaining higher spikelet fertility of rice under water limited conditions. Functional Plant Biology, 41(9), 930- 939.
- Shashank PR, Chakravarthy AK, Raju BR, Bhanu KRM (2014) DNA Barcoding of host-associated population of Conogethes punctiferalis (Guénee) reveals occurrence of cryptic species. Applied Entomology and Zoology, March 2014. DOI 10.1007/s13355-014-0248-0.
- Raju BR, Mathithumilan N, Prathibha MD, Sheshshayee MS, Mohanraju B (2014) Drought adaptive traits in rice: Need for comprehensive approach. In. ABIOTIC STRESS: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS, Today and Tomorrow’s Printers & Publishers, New Delhi, India, 2, 311-348. (Book Chapter)
- Sheshshayee MS, Mohankumar MV, Raju BR, Prathibha MD, Rajanna MP, Mohanraju B, Udayakumar M (2013) Enhancing water use efficiency besides effective use of water is a potential strategy in developing rice cultivars suitable for semi-irrigated aerobic cultivation. In. Muralidharan K and Siddiq EA, eds. International Dialogue on perception and Prospects of Designer Rice. Society for Advancement of Rice Research, Directorate of Rice Research, Hyderabad 500030, India, pp 261-272.
- Kikuchi S, Raju BR, Jagadish SVK, Kumagai E, Masuya YG, Kuroda E, Shimonoa H (2016) Genome-Wide Association study of responsiveness to elevated CO2 in Indica Rice. Plant, Cell & Environment (in revision).
- Lawas LMF, Raju BR, Celymar AS, Jagadish SVK (2016) Sheathed panicle phenotype-an alternative route to maintain spikelet fertility and grain filling under prolonged heat stress in rice. Environment and Experimental Botany (in review).
- Raju BR, Quinones OC, TamilSelvan A, Muthurajan R, Hechanova S, Jena K, Jagadish SVK (2016) Root-leaf continuum traits provides links between flooded rice and upland cereals. (Preparation- Plant Physiology)
- Raju BR, Jagadish SVK (2016) Assessing rice yield and quality in a tropical environment experiencing 2 oC higher night temperature using FATE (Free Air Temperature Enhancement) technology (Preparation – Global change biology)
- Sathishraj R, Raju BR, Muthurajan R, Jagadish SVK, et al., (2016) Genetics of heat tolerance mechanisms in rice through Genome wide association mapping. (Preparation, Journal of Experimental Botany)