Dr. Gary M. Pierzynski
Department Head / Professor
Soil and Environment Chemistry
Kansas State University
2004 Throckmorton PSC
1712 Claflin Road
Manhattan, KS 66506
Biography & Education
- Ph.D. Soil Chemistry, Ohio State University, 1989
- M.S. Environmental Chemistry, Michigan State University, 1985
- B.S. Crop and Soil Science, Michigan State University, 1982
- Vaillant, G., G. M. Pierzynski, J. M. Ham, and J. DeRouchey. 2009. Nutrient accumulation below cattle feedlot pens in Kansas. J. Environ. Qual. 38:909-918.
- Sonmez, O. G.M. Pierzynski, L. Frees, B. Davis, D. Leikam, D.W. Sweeney, and K.A. Janssen. 2009 A field-based assessment tool for phosphorus losses in runoff in Kansas. J. Soil Water Conserv.64:212-222.
- Godsey, C. B., G.M. Pierzynski, D. B. Mengel, and R.E.Lamond. 2007. Management of Soil Acidity in No-till Production Systems through Surface Application of Lime. Agron. J. 99:764-772.
- Godsey, C. B., G.M. Pierzynski, D. B. Mengel, and R.E.Lamond. 2007. Evaluation of common lime requirement methods. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 71:843-850.
- Godsey, C. B., G.M. Pierzynski, D. B. Mengel, and R.E.Lamond. 2007. Changes in soil pH, organic carbon, and extractable aluminum by crop rotation and tillage. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 71:1038-1044.
- Agudelo, S.C., N.O. Nelson, T.D. Keane, P.L. Barnes, G.M. Pierzynski. 2011. Phosphorus adsorption and desorption potential of stream sediments and field soils in agricultural watersheds. J. Environ. Qual.40:144-152. (KAES publication 10-284-J)
Staff & Students
All Agronomy Faculty report to Dr. Pierzynski.
- Fred Caldwell - Research Technologist
- Brittany Green - Administrative Specialist | Contact to schedule an appointment with Dr. Pierzynski.
- Steve Kramer - Building Systems Technician
- Christopher "Chip" Redmond - Assistant Scientist
- Arthur Selman - Computing Coordinator
- Jim Spurlock - Building Systems Technician Throckmorton PSC
- Karlene Varnadore - Business Manager
- AGRON 835 - Nutrient Sources | Uptake and Cycling