Dr. Dallas Peterson
Biography & Education
- Ph.D. Agronomy, Weed Science, North Dakota State University, 1987
- M.S. Agronomy, Weed Science, Kansas State University, 1983
- B.S. Agronomy, Kansas State University, 1981
- Thompson, C. R., D. E. Peterson, W. H. Fick, P. W. Stahlman, and R. E. Wolf. 2010 Chemical Weed Control for Field Crops, Pastures, and Noncropland. KAES SRP 1027.
- Peterson, D., C. Thompson, D. Shoup, B. Olson, J. Falk, and K. Martin. 2010. Grower, Crop Advisor, and Extension Agent Perceptions about Glyphosate Resistant Weeds in Kansas. Proc. WSWS 63:105.
- Peterson, D. E., and C. R. Thompson. 2009. Glyphosate Weed Control Enhancement with Ammonium Sulfate and Commerical Water Conditioning Agents. Journal of ASTM International 6:5.
- Roozeboom, K., J. Holman, C. Thompson, D. Shoup, D. Peterson, S. Duncan, and B. Olson. 2009. No-Till in Kansas: Rotations and Cultural Practices. KCES MF2908.
- Wolf, R., D. Peterson, W. Fick, J. Davidson, G. Kilgore. 2009. An Evaluation of ATV-Mounted Boomless Spray Nozzles for Weed Control. KCES EP-156.
- Broyles, M., T. Peeper, and M. Stamm, eds. 2009. Great Plains Canola Production Handbook. KCES MF2734 (Revised).
- Duff, M. G., K. Al-Khatib, and D. E. Peterson. 2009. Relative Competitiveness of Protoporphyrinogen Oxidase-Resistant Common Waterhemp (Amarathus rudis). Weed Science 57:169-174.
- Williams, J. R., D. L. Pendell, R. V. Llewelyn, D. E. Peterson, and R. G. Nelson. 2009. Net Returns to Tillage Systems under Changing Input and Output Market Conditions. Journal of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers 72:93-108.
Weed Management Programs
The primary goals of my research program are to evaluate and develop cost-effective weed management programs in soybeans, wheat, and alfalfa. Specific areas of research include herbicide evaluation, adjuvant comparisons with herbicides, and herbicide resistant weed investigations and management strategies.
Current Ongoing Projects
- Adjuvant comparisons with saflufenacil
- Broadleaf weed control in winter wheat
- Kochia control in soybeans
- Palmer amaranth control in alfalfa
- Preemergence and postemergence herbicide programs for weed control in soybeans
- Preplant burndown weed control in soybeans
- Water conditioner and adjuvant comparisons with glufosinate
- Water conditioner and adjuvant comparisons with glyphosate
- Winter annual grass control in winter wheat