Dr. Dallas Peterson
- Ph.D. Agronomy, Weed Science, North Dakota State University, 1987
- M.S. Agronomy, Weed Science, Kansas State University, 1983
- B.S. Agronomy, Kansas State University, 1981
- Thompson, C. R., D. E. Peterson, W. H. Fick, P. W. Stahlman, and J. W. Slocombe. 2017 Chemical Weed Control for Field Crops, Pastures, and Noncropland. KAES SRP 1132.
- Peterson, D., C. R. Thompson, and R. Zollinger. 2016. Kochia Management in Soybeans. Take Action Herbicide Resistant Management Guide.
- Zollinger, R.K., Howatt. K., Bernards. M.L., Peterson, D.E., and Young, B.G. 2016. Efficacy of Non-Ammonium Sulfate Water Conditioning Adjuvants. Pesticide Formulation and Delivery Systems. 36:65-75.
- Varanasi V. K., A. S. Godar, D. E. Peterson, D. Shoup, and M. Jugulam. 2016. A Target-Site Point Mutation in Henbit (Lamium amplexicaule L.) Conferring High Level Resistance to ALS Inhibitors. Weed Science 64:231-239.
- Ciampitti, I. A., D. Ruiz Diaz, D. Jardine, D. E. Peterson, R. J. Whitworth, and D. H. Rogers. 2016. Kansas Soybean Management 2016. KCES MF-3154.
- Ciampitti, I., W. Schapaugh, D. Shoup, S. Suncan, D. Ruiz Diaz, D. Peterson, D. Rogers, J. Whitworth, H. Schwarting, D. Jardine, J. Harener, M. Taylor, D. O’Brien, J. O’Neil, A. Sharda, and L. Haag. 2016. Soybean Production Guide. KCES C449.
- Peterson, D. E., C. R. Thompson, D. E. Shoup, and M. Jugulam. 2015. Herbicide Mode of Action. KCES C-715.
- Slocombe, J. W. and D. E. Peterson. 2015. Guide to Spray Nozzle Tip Selection by Droplet Size. KCES MF3240
- Chatham, L. A., K. W. Bradley, G. R. Kruger, J. R. Martin, M. D. K. Owen, D. E. Peterson, M. Jugulam, and P. J. Tranel. 2015. A Multi-State Study of the Association Between Glyphosate Resistance and EPSPS Gene Amplification in Waterhemp (Amaranthus tuberculatus). Weed Science 63:569-577.
- Waite, J., C. R. Thompson, D. E. Peterson, R. S. Currie, B. L. S. Olson, P. W. Stahlman, and K. Al-Khatib. 2013. Differential Kochia (Kochia scoparia (L.) Schrad) Populations Response to Glyphosate. Weed Science 61:193-200.
- Peterson, D., R. Currie, J. A. Dille, J. Falk, P. Geier, M. Jugulam, D. Shoup, P. Stahlman, and C. Thompson. 2013. Glyphosate Stewardship: Optimizing and Preserving Glyphosate Performance. KCES MF-2767 (Revised).
Weed Management Programs
The primary goals of my research program are to evaluate and develop cost-effective weed management programs in soybeans, wheat, and alfalfa. Specific areas of research include herbicide evaluation, adjuvant comparisons with herbicides, and herbicide resistant weed investigations and management strategies.
Current Ongoing Projects
- Adjuvant comparisons with saflufenacil
- Broadleaf weed control in winter wheat
- Kochia control in soybeans
- Palmer amaranth control in alfalfa
- Preemergence and postemergence herbicide programs for weed control in soybeans
- Preplant burndown weed control in soybeans
- Water conditioner and adjuvant comparisons with glufosinate
- Water conditioner and adjuvant comparisons with glyphosate
- Winter annual grass control in winter wheat