Dr. Guihua Bai
Molecular Geneticist with USDA/ARS
Biography & Education
This departmental member does not currently have bio information available for review.
- Ph.D. Plant Pathology, Purdue University, USA, 1995
- M.S. Plant Genetics, Nanjing Agricultural University, China, 1985
- B.S. Agronomy, Nanjing Agricultural University, China, 1982
- G-Q Li, X-Y Xu, G-H Bai, B F. Carver, R Hunger, J M Bonman, J Kolmer, and H-X Dong. 2016.Genome-wide association mapping reveals novel QTL for seedling leaf rust resistance in a worldwide collection of winter wheat. Plant Genome 9. doi: 10.3835/plantgenome2016.06.0051
- J. Cai, S. Wang, T Li, G. Bai. 2016. Multiple minor QTLs are responsible for Fusarium head blight resistance in Chinese wheat landrace Haiyanzhong. PloS ONE DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0163292
- M. Lin, D. Zhang, S. Liu, G. Zhang, J. Yu, A. K. F. and G. Bai. 2016. Genome-wide association analysis on pre-harvest sprouting resistance and grain color in U.S. winter wheat. BMC Genomics 17:794 DOI 10.1186/s12864-016-3148-6
- L. Ge, J. Yu, H. Wang, D Luth, G. Bai, K. Wang, R Chen. 2016. Increasing seed size and quality by manipulating BIG SEEDS 1 in legume species. PNAS. (Accepted)
- Li, L., Shi, X., Zheng, F., Li, C., Wu, D., Bai, G., Gao, D., Wu, J., Li, T. 2016. A novel nitrogen-dependent gene associates with the lesion mimic trait in wheat. Theor Appl Genet. doi:10.1007/s00122-016-2758-3.
- Zhang, G., Martin, T.J., Fritz, A.K., Miller, R., Chen, M., Bowden, R.L., Bai, G. 2016. Registration of ‘Joe’ Hard White Winter Wheat. J Plant Reg. doi:10.3198/jpr2016.02.0007crc.
- Jessica K. Cooper, John A. Stromberger, Craig F. Morris, Guihua Bai, and Scott D. Haley. 2016. End-use quality and agronomic characteristics associated with the Glu-B1al high molecular weight glutenin allele in U.S. hard winter wheat. Crop Sci. 56:1-6.
- Kumssa, T., Zhao, D., Bai, G., Zhang, G. 2016. Resistance to Wheat streak mosaic virus and Triticum mosaic virus in wheat lines carrying Wsm1 and Wsm3. Europ J Plant Pathol. doi:10.1007/s10658-016-1021-8.
- P. S. Baenziger,* R. A. Graybosch, T. Regassa, R. N. Klein, G. R. Kruger, D. K. Santra, L. Xu, D. J. Rose, S. N. Wegulo, Y. Jin, J. Kolmer, G. L. Hein, M.-S. Chen, G. Bai, R. L. Bowden, and J. Poland. 2016. Registration of ‘NE05548’ (Husker Genetics Brand Panhandle) Hard Red Winter Wheat. J Plant Reg. doi:10.3198/jpr2016.01.0006crc.
- T. Li, M. Luo, D. Zhang, D. Wu, L. Li, G. Bai. 2016. Effective marker alleles associated with type 2 resistance to Fusarium head blight infection in fields. Breed Sci. doi:10.1270/jsbbs.15124.
- Maximize the efficiency of plant breeding programs by refinement and application of high-throughput DNA marker-assisted selection (MAS) and genomic selection (GS), resulting in the early release of superior germplasm and cultivars
- Develop new and robust DNA markers associated with resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses and end use quality in wheat
- Identify novel genes for biotic and abiotic stress resistance and yield traits in wheat.
- Conduct gene expression profiling using transcriptome sequencing
- Fine map and clone the important wheat genes for yield traits and resistance to Fusarium head blight, preharvest-sprouting, leaf and stem rusts, soil-borne mosaic virus and Hessian fly.
- Fingerprint a core set of cultivars and their parents with DNA markers to develop molecular marker profiles for these cultivars